Pickled onions are a popular pickled food consisting of small onions pickled in a solution of vinegar and salt, often with other preservatives and flavourings.You can put these in sandwiches, or use them to “add life” to any dish.Pickled Onions really taste yummy with Cholle Bhature,Makke ki Roti-Sarson Ka Saag and even chicken dishes.
2.Place the onions into a large bowl.
3. Sprinkle with salt and toss to coat, then let stand for about 30 minutes.
4. Rinse the onions under cold water and drain very well.
5. Place the onion between paper towels and pat dry, then place in a bowl.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, black pepper and sugar.
7.Pour this mixture over the onions in the bowl and toss to coat well.
8. Place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours before serving.