SWEETS FOR MY SWEETHEART

Every year in late december I start looking for some special recipes I can make on our Anniversary ,which falls in late January.You all must be thinking why plan so long?Well,Planning is my middle name.When people say they are planning on a vacation to our place I start my menu planning.....hmmm.Well,this year I decided to make something easy and quick for our anniversary breakfast.It is so easy it feels like cheating.:)It was inspired by Semi Homemade by Sandra lee
(Please excuse the pictures.They did not turn  up as good as I wanted.)

    


















INGREDIENTS
1 can (13.9 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated orange flavor sweet rolls with icing (8 rolls)
Orange Marmalade or any other Jam or Jelly flavor you like
Heart shaped cookie cutter

DIRECTIONS
1.Heat oven to 400 degree Faranheit.
2.Spray some cooking spray on a cookie sheet or a rectangular piece of aluminium foil.
3.Take out the individual sweet rolls and roll them on a surface dusted with flour.
4.Cut out the rolls in desired shape....I used the heart shaped cookie cutter.
5.Repeat the same for all the 8 rolls.
6.You may be left with some dough from each of the rolls after cutting in the desired shape.
7.Using wet fingers ,make some grooves or indentation for the filling.
8.Bake the heart shaped biscuits in the oven  for 8-10 mins till golden brown.
9.Serve them warm with a filling of orange marmalade or any other jelly.I preferred orange marmalade,because firstly I had some of it made at home and secondly it goes with the orange flavored dough.
10.The pillsbury orange flavor sweet rolls  comes with icing.Drizzle it over the biscuits if you like them extra sweet.
11.Serve this with a side of sausages and fried eggs.Don't forget your espresso
'njoy!!!
           
Sending this recipe to Priya for her St.Valentine's Day Event.

0 comments:

ShareThis