Veggie Wrap with Hummus

The first time  ever I tried a veggie wrap,will look unusual to many people....well here it goes.My son was admitted in the hospital and I was staying with him.Since I had limited options in the hospital cafeteria (vegetarian options that is)...I opted for Veggie Wrap that was made on spinach wrap.I was enthralled.It is such a fulfilling snack which is also healthy.After that I have replicated this wrap many times at home.

Ingredients
1(12 inch ) Tortillas (You can use spinach,sun dried tomato,flour or jalapeno wrap)
lettuce
1/8 cup cucumbers
1/8 cup shredded carrots
1/8 cup diced tomatoes
3 slices red onions
1/8 cup bell peppers
1/2 cup hummus
A pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper

Directions
1.Microwave the tortillas for a few seconds so that it becomes pliable.
2.Spread hummus over wrap.
3.Sprinkle salt and pepper over the vegetables.Add the vegetables ,putting lettuce leaves on top.
4.Roll up in the form of burrito.If you want to keep the wrap in shape,you can use a toothpick to hold it together.
5.While serving cut it into half or eat it whole.
You can also use roasted vegetables as filling in the wrap.
'njoy!!!

5 comments:

Satya said...

wow deepti wraps looks soooo tempting ...hummus is my hubbies favorite n wrap is mine ...bookmarked ...i will surely prepare this ...thanks for sharing dear

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Unknown said...

Looks absolutely wonderful and I always love veggie wraps :)

Torviewtoronto said...

lovely and healthy

Srividhya Ravikumar said...

Healthy and lovely wraps... do drop in at my site sometime..

Prerna said...

Nice recipe Deepti! Will give it a try for sure. I was also not really a wrap person before, my husband loves them and slowly he has made me addicted to them as well.
Hope you are doing gr8.
Keep up the good work and stay in touch!

ShareThis