Back with a Murg- Murg Makkhani

Hello fellow followers,
I don’t even know how many followers I have . I know that I have been MIA for a long time ( well 8 years to be exact; bit who is counting 😊). It’s not that I have not been cooking; it’s just that I lost my art of  putting my actions in words. So here I am trying it again. Bear with me as I dawdle my way in the blogging world again with the recipe for “Murg Makkhani” aka “ Butter Chicken”.
This is made in my favorite kitchen tool Instant Pot(IP). It is my sanity saver for crazy busy day. This recipe needs 12 minutes of cooking time and is really yummy.




Ingredients:-
1.5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken (don't worry about cutting it into pieces)
2 tbsp. butter
1 green chili
1 tsp. cumin seeds
1/2 onion large, cut in pieces
2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
4 tomatoes cut in large pieces
1/4 cup cashews
2 tbsp. dried fenugreek leaves
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tbsp. honey
 
   Spices:-
     1/2 tsp. haldi
     1 tsp. coriander powder
     1 tsp. Red chili powder
     1/2 tsp. Garam masala
     1 tsp. salt
 
  To Powder:-
    2” sticks cinnamon
    5 green cardamom
    2 black cardamom
    1 tsp. black peppercorns
    1 tsp. cloves

Recipe:-
1. Start IP in sauté mode.
2. Put butter in IP and let it melt.
3. Then put diced green chili.
4. Add jeera seeds and let them crackle.
5. Add the powdered spices.
6. Except chicken, cream, honey ; add all the ingredients to IP. Place chicken on top of ingredients. Close the lid with vent in sealing.
7. Set the IP to manual for 12 minutes. After the manual cycle is done , leave the IP to release pressure naturally (NR) for 10 minutes & then release the remaining pressure by turning the vent to venting (Manual Release).
8. Remove chicken carefully. Blend contents in IP with an immersion blender.
9. Add cream & honey . Stir into sauce.
10. Cut chicken to smaller pieces & add back to sauce. Stir them into sauce.

Serve hot with Naan, roti or rice.
‘Njoy!!!

0 comments:

ShareThis